Old
03-17-2013, 12:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
??? Uhh thats not true at all... NHL I agree with but he is a 4th line guy. AHL he has been very good.
Meh, I don't know if I would say "very good." He has been good, but being good in the AHL doesn't equate to a spot on the NHL team. If he wins the spot out camp, fine. But I certainly wouldn't just pencil him in as 4C and call it quits. There are a number of players that can fill that role out there better than Holmstrom can, albeit for slightly more money (including players already on the roster...Talbot, Fedotenko come to mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Holmstrom has been up for the Flyers for 7 games in his career. Give him more consistent play time. Betts was our 4th line center in the 2010-11 season. Couts was our 4th line center in the 2011-12 season. Holmstrom is kind of what we need when it comes to a 4th line center. Win face-offs, be a good PKer and have good speed and grit. Also, he's cheap and available to us immediately.
The fact that he has been up for only seven games in his career should be a pretty good indicator of his value. He has been here for three years and is consistently passed on when a call-up is needed. Now all of the sudden he is a 4C because he got a contract extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcelite View Post
ADK captain, emergency call up if needed. Thats it...
That's what I'm thinking. Not a bad thing to extend him, but I wouldn't pencil him in on the NHL roster any time soon.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote