View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Faltorvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I think we have some good young pieces, and a couple good veterans (namely Lupul), to go forward with. I don't see this current roster or core ever being a heavy cup threat, nor do I see a roster that would get past the 1st round if they managed to reach the playoffs. Having said that, I think it would be wise to trade some guys, try to gain some valuable pieces that fit our team, and build for the future. Rielly, Ross, Biggs, Gardiner, and even toughness in our lower lines in Boll and Devane, this is when I think we're going to be a tough team to play against.

I think we just need one last detox, a group of new players, who fit our new desired image, and weed out the guys who don't fit the desired image. Which is to play hard and tough regularly.

Targets:

Weiss, Florida Panthers: Toronto native, 60 point player only a couple years ago, is known to be a complete C.

Brendan Smith, Detroit Red Wings: Also a Toronto native, haven't seen him play, other than a pile of highlights, definitely a Caryle defenseman, hits, fights, moves the puck. It would take a hefty package to get him though, he's considered to be an elite prospect.. his play at the NHL level though, hasn't matched expectations, but I think his upside is similar to that as Bogosians.

Corey Perry, Anaheim - The Big Fish, Ontario native, nothing more needs to be said.

Corey Schneider, Vancouver - Successful at every level, fits the age category for our team, Vancouver is in a win now mode, and might be pressured to trade him in return for help push them over the top.
Well by the sounds of it the core rebuilding is done.

When you hear murmurs that they would rather keep the likes of Mac and Boz for a low level PO push and risk losing their asset value to UFA, then one knows that the worm has turned.

Will they gun for SW/CP if the UFA up, ya i would hope they are sniffen hard in there.

Forget CS, Van is in serious serious cap hell next year, Lou will be the one that goes.

BS in Det, heh, not a chance they move him.