View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 02:11 PM
BagHead

vCash: 500
When it comes to our goalie, you guys are crazy. Backstrom is just about the most consistent goalie in the entire league. Don't believe me? Look at all the starting goalie's game logs. No, he isn't a game stealing goalie, he isn't the sexy choice, but he is the safe choice. I feel confident that Backstrom is a great goalie to go to the playoffs with (not that we'd know) and won't be an issue once we're there. As long as our forwards keep scoring, we're good on the back end.

As the OP pointed out, our defense is the issue. It's top heavy, and the bottom part is frightening. I'm curious to see what Brett Clark can do. He's getting old for a hockey player, but he's got a lot of experience, and I remember him being pretty good on the Avs. I'm hoping that that's the player we're getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Goalies are almost never rotated in the playoffs, at least by good teams that win.

Only real exceptions are Minnesota in 2003, Anaheim in 2007 (swapped goalies in the first round, Giguere was coming back from injury), and Edmonton in 2006 (Roli got hurt).
Which is exactly when everything went to **** for Edmonton.
The Real Story.

Last edited by BagHead: 03-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.
BagHead is offline   Reply With Quote