View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
He's definitely been solid this year. I was all for getting rid of him after he returned from the eye injury a few years back during Duchene's rookie season. Dude went from being a net-crasher who didn't embarrass himself on the 2nd line to someone who fell down more often than Aaron Palushaj. And a big guy who can't stay on his skates is kind of useless.

But this year he's delivering hits all over the place and generally making life hell for the opposition whenever he's out there. And unlike that weasel Clutterbuck, he's willing to answer the bell when he doesn't have a linesman protecting him.

I also don't buy into the notion that the play "dies" on his stick. We know, and he knows that he's not this phenomenal puck-possession forward. He's usually smart enough to chip it down low and fight for it along the boards. I wish he'd crash the net more like he used to, but for the most part he's been good in a 4th line role, and hell, he's been okay in a 3rd line role too. He is obviously replaceable, but I don't see what in hell you're going to get that's a gigantic upgrade on him at the same price.