View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 02:33 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan75 View Post
What about Tissot at LB and Brovsky at RB?
Shame on me, I forgot about my man Tissot. Yeah, I think that would be the best solution if Schalli doesn't trust Iapichino. I thought Iapichino was decent though, and I don't understand why people thought he was that bad. The penalty was a clear dive and outside of that play, I thought he was solid. Not Brovsky solid, but solid nonetheless. I would like to see him push him the play a little more offensively though, that would help. Brovsky is doing it more this year and he is surprisingly good at it.

As far as the rest of the game is concerned, we can really say it was a tale of two halves. Our first half was probably our best half of the year offensively speaking. More possession, a few good runs and most importantly, A LOT MORE of creativity from the wings. I REALLY REALLY like what Romero brings to the table. He is effective as RW or LW and I like it. I like Pisanu too, but yesterday he was less noticable than Romero. We suffered for 10 minutes after losing Nesta, but outside of that, we really dictated the play during the first half. The second half was ugly. We were too passive and for a stretch of 10 minutes after their penalty, I thought we would get scored on. We bent and didn't break and eventually took control at the 80th minute when we switched to a 4-2-3-1 with the entry of Warner.

Felipe is fine IMO. He isn't as noticable as last year simply because all our offensive phases don't go through him anymore. Romero and Pisanu gives us fire power from the wing and it makes Felipe less involved in the play. He isn't as sharp as last year, but he will adjust. DOn't forget that he comes back from a big injury. His vision is still there and he still creates some stuff. I'm not worried and he certainly doesn't deserve to be benched.