View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 04:33 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I don't understand the remark that DL has more defensemen than forwards, then when it's proven wrong, it becomes a debate about TOP line forwards.

Goaltending and defense take longer to develop. Then it's strength down the middle, then wings. Lombardi has been drafting a fair number of wings to develop. Rinse and repeat.

Pearson and Toffoli have potential to be top 6 players. I'm sure he will draft more.

And you're right, DL doesn't spend higher picks on players with pure talent. He never does.
Fair point.

It isn't that I was proven wrong per se but when I was looking over our prospects, I didn't see a whole lot of top end forward prospects, which got me to think why DL focuses so much on goalies and dmen over forwards. Especially as you pointed out since goaltending and defense take longer to develop. Well, if forwards develop quicker, don't their value go up quicker as well? I understand that we needed to develop goalies and dmen earlier in the years but I just don't agree with the Gibson and Forbort picks. These two picks should have been for forwards imo.