View Single Post
Old
12-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Habsolution

vCash: 500
Like Darz I don't really care for the all star game and I won't even vote.

But up to now Sourray deserves the most to go. He is on the ice for 24-25 min a game, play very steady and physical defense, he fights, he's disciplined, is 5th for points and leads all NHL dmen for goals. He has 150% the amount of goals of his nearest pursuer. He's added a whole new dimension to our PP. And this guy ain't even an offensive dman. This guy is a stay at home dman. What he has done so far is simply incredible.

Theo has been very good. Altough he wasn't as consistent at the beginning of the season he has turned it on over the past 15 games and has been very consistent and steady.

Sourray has been one of the most dominating player at his position this season league wide. Theo has been good but his numbers are middle of the pack (altough I'm conscious numbers do not tell the whole story).

Saying we wouldn't be where we are without Theo but not being so sure about Sourray is irrelevant and hypothetical at best. The fact is that #1 goalies are the most important to their team no matter how they play. If they're good the impact they have on the team is huge. If a dman is good the impact he has on the team is not nearly as big.
So I can understand the argument that Theo is our MVP but the one most deserving to go to the all star game is Sourray for sure because he has been a lot more dominant at his position that Theo has been IMO.