View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Diamonddog01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
This is interesting. The reason people see this team a mish mash is due to the following:

Hodgson for Kassian
Booth for Samuelsson
Ehrhoff for the money/Ballard

Are these the moves in total? These moves make skill team into a grinding team? I didn't know Sammy was overtly skilled when compared to Booth? And Ehrhoff walked for the cash, which we used to sign Garrison. They were never going to pay him 5m+. Then it's Hodgson for a non-skilled Kassian? Isn't Kassian skilled?

People are assuming that the players brought in are not skilled, by comparison, but they clearly are. Further, the changes to the 2011 haven't been that significant at all. This team is still primarily based around skilled forwards, not grinders. 3 players do not make a team.
And we've been a worse team for it ever since. I have no issues with the Hodgson trade, or the Booth trade (or how he's handled the forward corps in general).

My issue is that we needed a PMD badly so he went out and got us Ehrhoff. Since Ehrhoff's departure we've needed a PMD, and instead we pick up Garrison...good player, whom I quite like, but not what we needed.

It would be akin to spending 5M on Weiss with a healthy Sedin, Kesler and Malhotra, Unnecessary.