View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 04:57 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
No, but it makes the team younger and more affordable without giving up anyone in the top 4 on D. And it still has a very good chance for Tippett to take them to the playoffs.
Younger? Sure, by default. More affordable? Not meaningfully. Better? Absolutely not. You are shuffling chairs on the Titanic. Tippett and Maloney aren't under contract. Until I've heard word that they have been extended, we should assume that the team will be in conservation mode until then. Manage your assets. Assume that you will get 0 wins. How do you best maintain or increase value?

Right now, an asset we can do without is peaking in value. The possible return happens to be the best shot at curing what ails this franchise. I know change is scary. Trading great players, fan favorites, that **** all sucks. But this is what life is like on the floor. Actually, I take that back. The floor this year is actually $44 million, so the NHL is being quite generous when they allow the Coyotes to maintain $10 million or so more than that. But the point stands. Life at the bottom involves buying low and selling high, even if it means moving players that other franchises wouldn't. It's a constant shuffle to get the most production for the least amount of money.

I think this argument is purely academic. I can't see this team staying. Not when there's no one to pay the bills. No money from Glendale, no team.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote