View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta2009 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts or rankings of 1998 born prospects?
Stråka didn't stand out when I saw him, hard for me to say much about him at this point. Siren is a fine player and should do quite well with the youth national teams. I've seen Reunanen play as a forward as well, showed good drive and tenacity in that role. I don't know how much experience he has from playing forward, but such experience could in part explain why he displays some ability to carry the puck and support the offence.

A ranking made now might look very stupid in a few years, but it’s probably not wrong to say that Puljujärvi is the most advanced player at this point of time. MVP at the Pohjola camp and apparently wasn't far from making his Jr.A debut just a while back. Despite all the negatives, Laine is an intriguing prospect and could develop into something special if he manages to put it all together, time will tell. Last year I was expecting a lot from Markus Nurmi, he still looks like a pretty promising youngster, but I must admit that he hasn’t developed quite as well as I hoped. Goes to show that it can be difficult to predict the future.

Last edited by Tormentor: 03-17-2013 at 04:39 PM.