View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
As an academic, you should be familiar with having your argument torn down for the sake of some fun And while this is indeed a message board, a good number of predictions we've made here have come to fruition.

I'm not really gung-ho about trading Yandle. I'm just willing to make that move, because I see it as an inevitability caused by the current situation. I wouldn't trade him before the ownership situation beyond this season is known, so no to a deadline trade. A spendy owner in another market would do well to keep him and look to sign some players. I think Schenn and Couturier for Yandle is foolish on Holmgren's part, but entirely plausible, and I think you have to take it. There are other teams, like Edmonton or the NYI, that could make equally stupid proposals for Yandle and get away with it. Such is life in the NHL as a small market fan.

We are probably 60 days or less from the conclusion of this saga. I'm content with enjoying the ups and downs of the team this year. Thinking about all the different scenarios past this season is mind boggling and often depressing.
I agree with everything you said, except the inevitability part. I think there's a way that they can keep Yandle in the fold and stay under budget and still sneak into the playoffs next year. But if someone gets crazy or the market spins out of control for a guy like Yandle, you move him. But like GMDM said, it's got to be an offer that he can take to Yandle and his agent and say "Sorry, but it's just too good." And Yandle and his agent will understand.

You think hypothetically they would trade #6 and Couturier for Yandle? They've got the Schenn brothers there, so I kinda doubt they'll move one of 'em for a little while.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote