View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
EspenK

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Cyclones Rock;61846759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
I think the evidence is highly suggestive-as the "OldGoaltender" points out-that Bob is a very good goalie. He's working toward Vezina consideration as of now.

I'm not a "capologist" so I'm not positive when Bob becomes a UFA. I think it's the 2015-16 season. If that's the case, a "bridge contract" of 2 or 3 years at $2.75 million/yr. or so would seem to be about the cheapest he'd come. I think that PK Subban of Montreal has the same CBA status as Bob and he signed a 2 year bridge deal for about $3m/year and he's still an RFA as of the 2014-15 season according to capgeek.com.

I think he becomes a UFA when he accrues 7 years which wouldn't be until after the 2016-17 season OR he reaches 27 years old which is Sept 2015 which is after UFA starts but before the season starts so CapGeek's after the 15-16 season seems right. So it would take 4 years now to "buy" the first year of UFA; two years would make sense but I don't know if he buys that. But then again offer sheets are rare. But pissed off goalies aren't a great asset. Like i said in an earlier post if he plays out pretty well, Jarmo has a very interesting situation ot deal with.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote