View Single Post
03-17-2013, 05:06 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I was just seconding how Halak is still 'treated like a 2nd class citizen' aka backup.

In terms of being 'handed' starting job, this is the case for most goalies. Huet was 'handed' the starting job when Theodore was traded just like Price was 'handed' the starting job when Huet was traded.

Keeping both would have resulted in the mess the Nucks are currently facing. Habs decided to go with the 23 year old big positional goalie over the 25 year old small reflex goalie when both were up for re-sign. Being shortsighted in such a decision would be deadly. Nucks will keep Schneider over Luongo despite Luongo being better now.

Price gave up 7 and 6 goals in a couple games. This would kill any goalie's 'stats'. With the shortened season, any good or bad game will heavily skew stats. For example, a 35 save shutout next game would inflate his save% to .918. He has had an bad stretch after being lights out for the first 3/4 of the season, no denying that. But before questioning his entire career, how about giving him a chance to bounce back?
Nobody is saying to take halak over price. Would I have seen what I could get for price?? absolutely, and if it was an overpayment you better believe I would have moved price.

It's not as black and white, as you're putting it, and things change so quickly in the nhl.

Not only that, price hasn't done anything that warrants him over halak as being shortsighted. For all we know, Halak gets hot at the right time and wins the cup. same for price.

let the play do the talking, not potential. right now, yes, price is better but I still think the record would be relatively the same with halak/buddaj and who knows what would be there in place of eller. could be a worse player than eller, so all we can compare is their history.

not what they could become...

we have no idea what price would've landed us, and maybe we don't get galchenyuk last year. so it's dumb to compare halak/price, because they're in such different situations.

I care about what price is doing, not halak. Price needs to be better, and the nuthugging around here is borderline sad.

price has accomplished nothing to be considered a top 5 goalie, nothing. that's what I expect from him, nothing less.