View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea that was a good article from Dater. Nice to see. I've thought for a little while EJ, though he benefits a lot from having a long reach, might be better off shortening his stick a little bit. He just moves the puck from backhand to forehand, and pulls the puck off the boards, or spins with it so slowly. I really think it could help with his offense and transition game to be able to handle the puck quicker.

You can see in Duchene's game too his little passes are working more often, and he's maintaining the puck better on his spin moves.
Does anyone else feel like there is still another level possible with Duchene? You really have to watch him play every night to notice it though.

Honestly, if he improved his shot on top of all this stuff hes doing. It almost feels like he could hit Stamkos's level.

There is just so many games that for all the scoring chances he gets, he misses like 3 of 5 or more of them.

I find myself thinking almost every other game, "He could have easily had a hat trick or better tonight"

This isn't a slight on him, just interesting because of the level hes already brought himself to. I don't think we have seen him hit his full potential yet.

Obviously O'Reilly has improved his shot quite a bit since breaking in, so I think it's possible with Duchene as well.

Duchene is on a 23 goal pace this season, which translates to a 39 goal pace over 82 games. With a little improvement he could be burying even more chances. It's impressive, and interesting to think that he still has more upside than what we have seen this season.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote