View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
It all just comes down to what you value. For me and for what I value in a forward, I'll take the guy whose "two-way" value leans more heavily on offense than the other way around(would be the opposite for dmen). So, in that sense, I'd rather have a Crosby over a Datsyuk(leaving out age, money, etc). But that's just one opinion. Datsyuk is still a monster that is an absolute joy to watch. Very special player.
I can roll with most of this. It's been great to be a Wings fans over the last decade and see Datsyuk pull off insane moves and takeaways on a nightly basis, and play with an incredible will to win. He's a highlight reel talent and my favorite player since Fedorov.

Crosby's just the more productive offensive player- a variety of factors for the Wings and Pens play into that, but the fact remains that he creates offense for generally limited wingers (not that Datsyuk has been playing with any offensive talent this season), and IMO he's the better goal scorer. Datsyuk's better defensively and probably more fun to watch, but Crosby's the best player in the league.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote