View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Flowah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
C'mon man, I get that you really like Kindl but let's be real here. Ericsson has developed into a #1 dman as a very late draft pick. Lashoff is a top 4 as a free agent. Kronwall isn't great but he developed into a #3 dman very quickly. Filppula is a very solid top 6 forward, Mule was a very good power forward for close to 5 years, Hudler is an offensively gifted middle six forward, all guys drafted and developed by Detroit. Don't let your love for Kindl embarrass you. After 8 years he's a bottom pairing dman. I don't see how Detroit is to blame for that fact.
First of all, E is only a #1 on this team's average at best d-corp.

Mule was a very good power forward for 3 years. And now.... what?

And you're completely missing the point.

What do Mule, Filppula, Hudler, E all have in common? They weren't kept in the A forever. They were given real shots at the NHL. Don't pretend that was just because they earned it more. I mean seriously, what more does a guy like Tatar have to do to earn a permanent spot? He tore it up on the Griffins, he made a huge impact on the Wings, more points than some of our "top six" forwards, jump started our bottom six. Had an obvious passion to play. Obviously, you can play well, earn a spot, and still not have one.

The Wings have schizophrenia when it comes to their prospects. Some of them get forever to prove themselves. Let's rewind to just 2 years ago when the board could not go one day without another "Why the hell is E still playing?" comment. But he was still playing, and yeah, now he's absolutely fine for the most part. Where was that patience with Kindl? I've watched 99% of the games the past 5 years and I haven't seen much that distinguished Kindl from E in terms of rookie mistakes. The only difference I saw was that E seemed to get 100x more leeway than Kindl.

I'm saying that if Kindl was treated the same way as E, he'd have been the defenseman we see today, a couple years earlier. Actual point production, solid +/-, earning more and more minutes.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote