View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 06:06 PM
icerocket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Well like I said, I was just pointing out the fact that Price never did actually win the #1 job in Montreal. He was handed the #1 spot on three occasions. The first time, he lost to Huet, the second time he lost to Halak and the third time, they went and got someone who wouldn't compete with him.

For choice of backups, yes I would say they did a decent job but we had opportunities to get a much better backup and I sincerely believe Habs mangement didn't want to get anybody who would even put doubt into people's mind who the #1 is in Montreal. For example, they would be scared to sign Biron since if he goes on a winning streak, the fans would demand Biron to start.

I think it's wrong to manage a team in that way ..where you have absolutely no internal competition. Another poster pointed in this thread that we have nothing in Hamilton and nothing in our depth chart regarding goal tending. If Price were to go down, we are done and I agree with him. Why are we in this "fear" of getting people of quality in that position? Although this was all with the old management and maybe the new management will change things.
So basically you think Montreal needs another goaltending controversy? No I think this management team has a pretty good feel on the city of Montreal and its idiotic overreactions to everything when it comes to its beloved Habs.