View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Hardyvan123
[email protected]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
So basically you're selling me that 60+ points Fedorov who plays with multiple HOFers (in Detroit) on the line and in the defense is - i don't know what..acceptable? - but Selanne's play with one and only fringe HOFer Kariya makes his numbers inflated?
Poor Fedorov, playing with quite talented Prospal who just came from PPG season with decent 30-goals scoring winger Sykora (who just came from the best offensive line in NHL), gets free pass again.

Come on! How do you explain 1998 season, when Selanne won Richard, was TOP10 in scoring and played on team where third best player on team got 36 points, while Kariya was injured for almost whole season???? That's Bure-esque (Florida) level of play!

Why team composition didn't matter when Fedorov played in Detroit stacked with HOFers, while Selanne played in freakin' Mickey Mouse team where except for Kariya played garbage of other teams?
When positions are swaped, miraculously Fedorov can't produce and it's all okey. On the other hand when Selanne was in Fedorov position on Olympic Line, his production didn't change and it didn't change when Kariya was out of roster and he had to play with Rucchin at the best.

Selanne produced excellent offensive output no matter of his team and teammates, can't say that about Fedorov.
Team composition, linemates , role, overall play inclduign defense all matters.

I have both guys very close but Fedorovs 2 way play and peak/prime in the early 90's (his 1st 6 years trumps Selanne's as his prime has interruptions in it)

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote