View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
And we've been a worse team for it ever since. I have no issues with the Hodgson trade, or the Booth trade (or how he's handled the forward corps in general).

My issue is that we needed a PMD badly so he went out and got us Ehrhoff. Since Ehrhoff's departure we've needed a PMD, and instead we pick up Garrison...good player, whom I quite like, but not what we needed.

It would be akin to spending 5M on Weiss with a healthy Sedin, Kesler and Malhotra, Unnecessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
This team is better at ES now than it was with Ehrhoff, but worse on the PP. I take that trade off. I don't see Garrison as redundant, they needed a big minute defensive Dman past Hamhuis. Now they have 3 stabilizing Ds on each pairing. He was a necessary addition.

I'm mixed on Ehrhoff. He was good, but got abused in the playoffs. Sucked losing him and now looking at the right side D, but if all that we lost was a soft regular season PMD, then I'm ok with it. The point is, it's not like this team is skill deficient without him. Over a large sample, they still have the skill. But now people are acting like this team has a dearth of talent an it's just not the case.

This team still has enough skill to be a skilled team, and is growing its other attributes. It's not all of a sudden devoid of skill. Maybe it's not being brought out, but that's another matter.
I agree with Bleach Clean.

Teams have won cups with guys like Garrison, while we have lost a cup and lost in the playoffs with guys like Ehrhoff.

I think our PP could be fine if the coaches could pull there heads out of there A**es.

But this trade off is better at even strength since Garrison is better defensively and can handle big minutes and big assignments and better for the playoffs for the same reasons and a few more.