View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Bank

vCash: 500
HFs' Flyers writer wrote this about Lauridsens season and chances of reaching the NHL:

Quote:
The gigantic defensive force Oliver Lauridsen was always a physical guy who could use his wingspan to position himself well in the defensive zone. There was never a question that he would excel at these finer details of the defensive game, but there were always questions concerning his footspeed...

Lauridsen has still not developed up to the speed of the game, though there were signs of progression in his first full season with the Phantoms. Now in his second year, he has yet to take another leap, and though the team's struggles are certainly not falling solely upon him, he is no exception.
Looks like he's still got some way to go. I hope he keeps working hard, because his story could be such a motivator for young Danish prospects with limited talents but great work ethics. Dream scenario is him playing himself up call-up #2/3 within a couple of years and Flyers running into a injury festival whilst at a deep playoff-run and BOOM: Oliver Lauridsen in a ECF. One can hope. As a fellow 6'6'er I sure am cheering for him and his legs in his struggle against the laws of physics!

The entire piece on Lauridsen and the entire article can be found here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...2012-13-season

Oh and...

- Primary assist for Frans last night on the Islanders first goal. Yeah!
- Regin is in again tonight. Yeah!
- Larsen seems to be stuck with Gulutzan until the end of the year. UGH!
- EDIT: Nicklas Jensen was on ice for Chicagos only goal tonight as they lost 2-1. Also on ice was Schroeder. Does anybody know if they are on the same line regularly?
- EDIT Part II: AHL-playoff-watch: Oliver Lauridsens Adirondack are dead last in the Eastern Conference. Andersens Norfolk is 3 point outside of #8 but are trending upwards. Last 10 games: 7-2-1. Could be good experience for him. Chicago(Nicklas Jensen) is #7 with some games in hand. Also an opportunity for him to get re-adjusted to the NA-game and a good PO could be a great set-up for a great camp next year with the Canucks. As far as my contract knowledge goes none of the Danes in the NHL are eligible as they are not on ELC's or two-way contracts. To bad in Philips case. Could use the ice time and competition... But yeah for the NT I guess?

Last edited by Bank: 03-17-2013 at 06:41 PM.