View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I think it's weird anyone would have to say that they're not mad someone on their team scored. Seems counter productive to the point of playing the game.
I agree- it is weird, but that's where we're at with Babs and his love affair with #8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
It's not weird at all if you think about it instead of trying to judge people.

If you think Abdelkader on Datsyuk's wing hurts Detroit more than it helps, then you don't want him to score goals and buy 2-3 more weeks on the line.
Yeah, don't pull a hammy getting on and off your high horse, Heaton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I want to see the Wings win regardless of my personal feelings about certain players or decisions. So, whether or not I want Abdelkader on the top line is irrelevant if he actually produces at times there, since it helps the team.
I believe producing "at times" is the operative phrase here. "At times" is basically once in a blue moon with Abdelkader, which shouldn't be sufficient for a top 6 winger.

I don't think there's a team in the league with playoff aspirations that would actually want Abby in the top 6. I don't think he's a long term answer there, but Babs' fascination with him is undeniable. Babs seems just crazy enough that the occasional offensive explosion from Abby (to date, an empty netter and 2 Pavel bankshots) may just keep him on the 2nd line. Which doesn't help the team in the big picture, IMO.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote