View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Then why bring it up in the first place? Basing an argument over a series of hypotheticals brings absolutely nothing to the discussion.
okay.

Quote:
That is true. But that's a choice most if not all organizations make when it comes to developing a player they feel is going to be a pillar of their success.
I would agree.

Quote:
Irrelevant, but okay.
It is how halak came up...

Quote:
If you're upset about a great youth player becoming a core player on the team, while having a great starter in net, all of this on a contending team despite having a plethora of young players in key roles, well maybe you should reconsider supporting this team. Because clearly, even when everything seems to be going well, there's something irritating you.
I'm not upset about price, and, in fact, I like price. I'm upset about the pedestal and the 'hater' comments. Price, right now, is around top 10, maybe. and again, quick judging my criticality when I root for this team; however, price was given every opportunity to be where he is, that's fine, but it's how it happened.

Quote:
I really don't see how any of the previously mentionned players have done really anything more. Playoff success? Sure (for some), but it's not like they were out there playing like Hasek with those godawful Buffalo teams.

I'd put him in that group without question. Every one of them has had off performances once in a while, and all of them are at a point in their career where consistency should be at its peak, since they are in their prime. There's no goaltender that goes out there and shuts the door night in, night out. And all of those players depend largely on their team to play well enough for them to win consistently.
to each their own.

absolutely.

Quote:
Price is a stud and is getting better still. I don't even know why some people get butthurt over it.
price is good; however, he's not top 5 and if he was thread titles: price doesn't steal wins, wouldn't exist because this play would be a norm. watch other teams, and see price is not different than most middle of the pack goalies this year. he just isn't.