View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 07:23 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
You pose an interesting conundrum, but let's make it worse.

Imagine if Latendresse, after some respectable numbers, decides he wants to be part of the Sens future and asks for a 3 year commitment? He likes Ottawa, his family situation is good, and the team likes him. Should the Senators make a mid-term commitment to Lats with only a partial season of success. For this example, we'll imagine that Alfredsson is gone and waivers for prospects is not an issue for at least one season,.

Obviously, given his injury history it's a risk. But is it a deal breaker?

2 years at 2 million (with incentives) isn't an outrageous price and I think Murray would make the commitment....but 3 years? He's still young. He's played a lot of NHL games for his age, despite injuries.

This is all some pretty big conjecture at this point however. We'll need to see him put up a lot more points before it becomes an issue. I don't think he'll be asking for anything long term if he can't even put up 15 points. However it's something to consider.
I hear you. It's a really tough call to make. He's 25, so only just nearing the "prime years," but he's also too young to be certain if he's injury prone or just unlucky so far.

It gets tougher because, if he plays well until season's end, we'll be interested, but then so will other teams. He'll then have that added ability to say that other teams may want him for a longer term.

But yes, long term conjecture. Personally I wouldn't have a problem making a 2 year gamble if he's consistent (and healthy), but 3 would be a real hard sell.

McFist is online now   Reply With Quote