03-17-2013, 07:26 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Way to nitpick half my post.

And the bolded part made me laugh. Cody would be stuck behind Kes and Henrik for along as they are in Vancouver.

Even if Cody somehow made it onto the 2nd line with AV behind the bench, it would be as a winger, he wouldn't push Kesler over, not with his defensive game in comparison to Keslers.

Because if you haven't noticed, Center is as much about defense as it is offense.

Kadri has played on Toronto's 3rd line with Leo Komarov and Clarke MacArthur and has been just as impressive offensively while being better defensively.

That to me is far more impressive than Cody, in other words Kadri is more impressive than Cody.

And we may have been able to get him last summer, that is far more of a fault of MG's (And I am just assuming he was on the table which he may not have been) Than trading away a player who didn't want to be here.

But yet we are here crying over that instead.

And Yes Cody is putting up this production while being a nightmare defensively because he is on the Sabres and playing with Vanek and Pominville.

You are kidding yourself if you think he would have similar numbers on our team in the role he would have been in.

Cam Neely would be our all-time leadering goal scorer.

Shall we cry about stuff like this a little more?
You're right, it's not like we need Hodgson's offense. Going all out defense with no offense has surely worked for us very well in the playoffs. Even this year our offense is down significantly and our PP is non-existent, but we don't need the offense.