View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
MuchoMacho

vCash: 500
All of you guys seem to be pretty down on Grabo. Look at the facts...

1. He's playing defensive zone starts. He's not going to put up a lot of points starting in the defensive zone.

2. He's making 5.5 million per, and has 11 points in 28 games, I'm not sure he has a lot of trade appeal, let alone value.

3. A couple years ago he was a 30/30 (well, close) player. He knows how to find the back of the net.

Trade him/bench him/keep away from Kadri... why? He's not going to just go away. Why not try and reignite him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Lupul is way better at LW and youre missing Mac. I'm not doubting whether Grabovski could be a good LW but its a Maple Leafs strong point atm, he's not gonna get a chance there
Carlyle likes players on their strong side, when Lupul was in Anaheim Carlyle refused to play him on the left wing with Getzlaf and Perry because he's a right handed shot. When Lupul came to Toronto, he was put on the top line with Kessel regardless of it not being his strong side and put up a ton of points because he was playing on the top line and found chemistry with Kessel. If Kessel had been a left wing, there's little doubt in my mind that Lupul would have played right wing with the same level of effectiveness.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote