View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
While I think some of our prospects should be inserted into the lineup sooner, I think we see some other young kids get put into lineups early and have a really good season, but then they regress. Look at Sean Couturier from last year, he was insane as a teenager. This year he hasn't been as effective and it's unknown whether or not his development would be 'stunted' if he hadn't been up the same amount of time. We see this with teams like Columbus and Edmonton who don't necessarily rush players because they have no choice, but the expectations are out of this world.
Matt Niskanen. He's actually not far off as a solid Kindl comparison. Former late 1st round pick and everything.

At 22, in his sophomore year, he had a hefty 35 point season and looked like the next top pairing defender in Dallas for years to come. Never touched that level, even close, again.

He's got a nice niche going in the high flying offense of Pittsburgh, but he's only a 20 point guy playing middle minutes. So what I'm saying is Niskanen has almost 400 NHL games at age 26, but he hasn't really progressed any more than where Kindl is at right now, despite looking far better, far sooner at an early age.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote