View Single Post
Old
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500

it's tough to argue these points because so much is subjective, but as I remember, Rozsival's penalties were mostly of the lazy variety and very often were the result of him getting beat to the outside (Malik too as a matter of fact). When Malik failed to clear the slot, which was often, he (Malik) typically rebounded with his long reach to get the puck back for the clearing - without Rozsival being affected. Regardless, 40-something minors seems like a lot, with much of it having to do with him playing more minutes. As for chemistry with Jagr - it's tough to measure because last season, everyone had chemistry with Jagr. Poti was a +16 - he didn't play as much with Jags as Rozsival, but he played some and with a nice degree of success. I wouldn't say throw any monkey out there, but this team probably would benefit from a guy like Leetch paired with Malik (although they're both left defensemen so it wouldn't work, but I'm trying to make a point), and having a guy like Rozsival on the second or third pairing, I believe, would be a better overall situation for the Rangers.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote