View Single Post
03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Frk It
Thanks for Green!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
So, you just responded to me for what then?

Where is your evidence that Ericsson is more than what I said he is?

Is it that he's +1? 5th among red wings defensmen?
Is it his 10 points? 2nd among RW defensemen, but hardly a lot given his icetime with Z and Datsyuk.

Is it the 10 minor penalties?
Is it 19 shots on goal (6th on the team D)

Is it the 24 blocked shots? 20 less than Kronwall and 4th on the team?

What are the stats you have that show me that Ericsson is anything more than a solid 3rd pairing defenseman who is playing up the lineup because of our bad depth?

Is it his $3M salary?

All Ericsson does out there, when he's playing well, is provide a stay-at-home defenseman for the offensive guy he plays next to.
How about how he looks out there? He's playing much better than a 3rd pairing guy, though I don't think I'd go as far as to call him a legit top pariring D. His positioning has been very good this year, and he keeps his assignment better than most of our D. He plays a lot more physical than he used to and you see him rough guys up in front of the net or look to hit a lot more than you used to.

As far as your last line goes. Same could be said about a lot of guys in this league that are more than bottom pairing guys. Don't really see how that makes him less of a defensemen at all. That's what Brad Stuart was for us for years too.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote