View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Cujomi
De Leeuw Ziel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
imo his shot is at least as good as alfies, but I would say better and he is like 2 inches taller if he can improve that acceleration and when he learns how to make space for himself he can put more goals than alfie
His shot is the best on the team hands down...maybe one of the best in the entire NHL. His speed has been noticeably better since he started playing in Ottawa, and he's starting to adapt to the NA game. The sky is the limit for this guy...he just seems to have that dedication to hard work that most of the best players have. Silfverberg is a better natural goal scorer than Alfredsson...I think that he can be a better player, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Silfversson View Post
Absolutely!!

Alfie = Silfverberg-lite.

Seriously though I don't think calling a player Alfie-lite is in any way disparaging. I mean if this kid goes on to get 700 NHL points and captain the Sens for 4 or 5 years, he'd be Alfie-ultra-lite.

Predicting anything more than that is pretty crazy for a guy with 10 points in his first 29 NHL games. He's gonna keep getting better and he's shown signs of being a fantastic player. Here's hoping he outshines Alfie as a Sen.

One thing I can say with certainty. Without being bitten by a radioactive spider there's no way that Silf is anywhere as explosive a skater as Alfie was as a 22-23 year old rookie. That lack of explosive, strong skating is really the main limiting factor on Silf's upside.
He might not have the explosive skating, but he's fast enough and his shot is miles better than Alfredsson's (which is saying a lot). On top of which he has the intelligence and dedication to become better. He has 10 points in his first 29 NHL games sure...but he was thrown into a trial by fire and 4 of Ottawa's top players including the best offensive players have been injured. He's also a year younger than Alfredsson was when Alfie came over.

I'm not saying that calling him Alfie-lite is an insult or anything, but Silfverberg is better at the same age than Alfredsson was and shows no signs of stopping his development here.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote