View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Bure 10

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
I'm still in shock that both the Nucks goaltenders are crapping the bed so far. I always thought they would be the teams biggest asset this yr, so far it's the opposite. They both are the albatross dragging this team down.

Both goalies have a well below league average even strength (EV) SV%. I'm not sure Luongo's ever had this low EV SV%. Cory hasn't since he's became a backup. This team is not getting the goaltending it needs to win games, plain and simple. This team has better EV underlying #'s that it's ever had, and they can't get a save. Yes, they aren't scoring as many goals - but that's to be expected IMO due to playing solely in the West. Conference this yr.

One has to hope that, due to small sample sizes, the goalies are going through a funk and will get back to normal soon. Unfortunately, they only have 23 more games to regain 'normal', if not - this team isn't going far in the playoffs with these guys as they're performing now.
Luongo and this team always start a season looking like ****, the fact that early on Luongo was playing lights out was shocking and its pretty much the only reason we aren't fighting to get into a playoff spot and are just trying to hold onto one.

Luongo is a work horse and needs a bunch of games to work out the bugs but in this shortened season which is being split evenly amongst our goalies isn't allowing him to do that, who knows maybe Cory needs the same type of work load to get the kinks out but the team in front isn't playing anywhere near where they need to be and that's a problem, prior to this season I didn't hate AV but I feel it growing.

I don't think Kesler alone can save this team, its starting to feel like we need an enema but this is a wacky season and I'm willing to take this year on the chin.