View Single Post
03-17-2013, 08:53 PM
vCash: 500
i posted (something similar to) this in another thread, but since this is more on topic, this'll be a better place to discuss it. i do believe i read at least one other person suggest this before, though.

i don't want cowen and karlsson to play together. at least not for a few years. cowen still needs time to develop, and putting him in a spot beside karlsson is not the place he should do that. if he plays there, he will learn to be a complimentary player, not a dominating player. we should leave methot with karlsson and have cowen learn how to carry the puck, move the puck, and create his own offense. if he can learn that, we can have one of karlsson or cowen dominating the ice at almost all times. cowen has the potential to be a game changer at both ends of the ice. a two-way force. if he doesn't reach those heights, then you pair him with karlsson and still make a great top pairing.

tl;dr: cowen has #1 potential and should learn to carry a pairing himself, something he could learn much better when not paired with someone that will carry the game for you (karlsson). they can still play together some times.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote