View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 10:00 PM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
In today's Newsday Staple had a blurb about Anders Lee and Mayfield. He said chances are if the Islanders sign Lee he would probably join the team. I agree with him. Signing Lee will be tough, I think Snow would have to give him first round money and promise him he will play for the Islanders this season. Kid seems to be NHL ready so I wouldn't have any qualms with that. Question is though, where would he fit in? Would they scratch Bailey/Okposo etc or trade one of them?
The only thing about Lee playing for us is how do you feel if you are Nino or Brock Nelson working your butt off in Bridgeport only to have him come and earn a spot right away

It could be a double edged sword for the Islanders if they in the playoff race, basically do you want some unproven rookie to come here and play in games that mean something but if you don't give him that free pass good chance he waits a couple months to become a UFA. If I am the Islanders and still in the playoff hunt by April 3 I basically trade Lee

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote