View Single Post
Old
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
2 years 4.2? looks like Rozsival got paid for his outstanding +/- last season. I think the league as a whole puts too much emphasis on that stat.

Personally i dont mind having him back, he logs minutes, but hes got to stay out of the bloody box. I wouldnt mind seeing him in the 2nd pairing or in a more limited role, but why would you pay a d-guy 2.1 a year for that? I WOULD want to retain his services for sure if there wasnt a few solid prospects behind him, which is why im bummed about the contract a bit. But hey, trades can go down.

NEGATIVES:
Im not thrilled with the contract, isnt as good as his +/-, people seem to forget he had an injury free season, pretty much his first in NHL. He was bailed out plenty of times by Maliks quick stick in front. Minimal body work, no mean streak AT ALL. He took a ton of untimely penalties and he couldnt hit the net with his "booming shot" for ****. He also batted a puck into his own net one game (i forget who, maybe st. louis or philly) ill never forget that bonehead play. Where the hell was he in the postseason when the Rangers needed him most...

POSITIVES:
Hes 27. He can become trade bait for a larger fish. He gelled well with the team last year and fit right in quickly. He got the puck out of the zone for the most part, but with help. Decent passer. He stuck to the game plan and took his role with minutes and ran with it as far as the surface is concerned. On occasion impressed me with some decent defensive plays.
Excellent assessment. He'd be fine 1)for less money, 2)as a #4 D and 3)if he wasn't blocking prospects. As it is, I'm not happy.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote