View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 09:19 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
Garth offered 5th round money and he's right to do so. Its a starting offer. I'm sure Garth will raise it up a little. This is all posturing.

Look below Bunk at what I wrote yesterday. He's got his 3 years, its all a matter of the green.
Just to think this one out loud...

So you burn a draft pick on a guy from college who could split on you after his junior year. You do this hoping he turns into something special.

Then you get lucky and the guy does.

And there you are, going back to him with a 5th round pick money offer? Doesn't that seem, at a minimum, like bad planning? You hope he becomes something good, but when he does you don't have a plan to deal with it? I get how there could be burnt feelings with Nino and others who paid their dues if some primadonna from the college system passes them up, but they drafted this guy... from college... knowing and hoping they might have to have this hard decision... and then they don't do their part and make a better than 5th rounder contract offer?

Am I out of my mind to suggest that's stupid? And it isn't just "stupid" by itself, but a "Oh crud, you mean he actually panned out????!?" kind of stupid.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote