View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Disagree, fire him now so you know what you have in your players. You won't have enough time to evaluate your team response to a new coach next season before deciding what to so with guys like O'Reilly and Stastny.

Let Quinn takeover, bring in Cooper in the offseason and let the team prove if they were hindered by Sacco or not.
I disagree. I believe that if you re-sign BOTH players to more reasonable cap hits, they will BOTH be more attractive if you want to trade them in a year or two or not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I was talking to one of the guy who is high in the Thunderbirds organization and knows some people in the Avs organization and he said Lacroix wants to hire Roy as coach and GM.

Take it for whats it is worth because it sounds pretty retarded to me.
You mean the Seattle Thunderbirds who have Steve Konowalchuk as their head coach?

Yeah, I've been TELLING you guys that Roy was gonna be the guy for a long time now, haven't I. Not sure about the GM title as well, but who knows...as others have mentioned, all GMs have assistants and he's been doing an AMAZING job with the Quebec Remparts with the dual role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
I rather keep Sacco instead of hiring Roy as coach and GM.

Avs need to think outside the box, this whole staying in the family thing isn't working. They need a culture change, and Roy isn't it.
I disagree. Once we get rid of this coaching staff and bring in a WINNER (at least at 'some' level), you will see this team take off like the Blues did last year, I guarantee it.

Lacroix is using the EXACT same blueprint that helped him win 2 Stanley Cups after the Nordiques moved from Quebec to Colorado.

Top picks? Check!
1987 - Sakic 15th* (Dale Hunter trade with Washington)
1988 - Leschysyn 3rd
1989 - Sundin 1st | Foote 22nd
1990 - Nolan 1st
1991 - Lindros 1st
1992 - Warriner 4th

Horrible coach? Check!
Pierre Page

Take a look at the 1993-94 roster that MISSED the playoffs because of that ATROCITY of a head coach: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000471994.html

The very next season we went from out of the playoffs to 2nd overall in the league with Crawford coaching the team.

Top picks? Check!
2006 - Stewart 18th - Traded for EJ & Siemens
2007 - Shattenkirk 14th - Traded for EJ & Siemens
2009 - Duchene 3rd | O'Reilly 33rd
2010 - Hishon 17th
2011 - Landeskog 2nd | Siemens 11th
2013 - ?

Horrible coach? Check!
Joe Sacco

As long as the Avs do the right thing and bring in the right guy to move this team forward after this season is over, I'll be happy. I don't really care what happens with this season as long as it means we get another top 3 pick.

I'm a bit worried about Varly and that he must be pretty pissed about how this season has gone but if Patrick Roy becomes the next coach of this team, I think we'll see an unbelievable season out of that guy next year.