View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
No Colorado Thunderbirds, who are one of the best AAA development teams in the country.

Also I am not saying any of this, just reporting it to see if this guy is creditable or not. Personally I don't think any team would hire anybody as GM and Coach. I could see Roy getting hired as Assistant to the GM, but not full GM responsibilities, but I wouldn't be surprised because as you guys said it,

1) Seems like a Lacroix move.
2) As Frenchy & Bender said, we have wanted him for a long time now.
Ah, well how are they connected to the Avs? How would they know?

It really DOES seem like a Lacroix move.

When you really think about it though, we all know he was interviewed for the job in 2009 but apparently wanted too much $$$. The Avs were just in the process of getting rid of Tyler Arnason as their 2nd line center, to put things in perspective and after a putrid finish, the team seemed destined for an inevitable and long rebuild. The REAL question then becomes, "if you're going to STINK, why bring in a top notch coach and pay him big money just so your team stinks just a little bit less?" In turn, that just causes your 'rebuild' to take longer (unless you're extremely lucky at the draft).

I think Lacroix has been planning this for a long while and he doesn't want to just be a 'good team' or a 'contending team', he wants us to be a dominant team for the foreseeable future. How else can you explain not only having hired a coach that didn't even have a winning record in the AHL but actually EXTENDED him beyond 3 years after everything he's shown as a coach, let alone his record against the division?