View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
While I agree with your comparison Bender I think there's a pretty big difference in the quality of players we had on the roster and in the system on that Nords team and the ones we have now.

I would welcome Roy as coach just because he would by his personality introduce a culture change. I don't see Roy avoiding the media and he also brings a lot of passion and desire to win. I don't think he's an idea candidate with an idea resume but I do think that he he's probably our best realistic option since it's gonna be someone with organizational ties.
I also agree with THAT but as a counter, there is a salary cap in place now, so there is a grand total of ZERO teams that could realistically afford to have Sakic, Roy, Blake, Forsberg & Foote OR Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Shanahan & Hull anyways so our opposition aren't stacking teams like this either.

Besides, I'm not suggesting our rebuild = what happened back then (Lindros trade plus STEALING Roy out of Montreal would be pretty hard to do, nowadays) but I think it's the same kind of plan as far as how they are going about it.

A lot of people have made comparables to the Kings and I think it's a pretty good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Bender, why you have to give me hope for future?
It's gonna happpen.