View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Yup. And this has been my biggest gripe with this team this entire season. I like Matteau and I think he's going to be a good player for the Devils. You can already see that he's an NHL player in the making, but he wasn't even close to being ready this season and it's pretty irritating that he manged to crack this roster this early. That speaks volumes about the team and it's especially troublesome seeing something like this after your 1A winger decides to bolt.

I trust in Lou that he does what he can to make this team better. No one wants to win more than that guy. But the bottom line is that this hasn't been a great follow up to such a wonderful 2012. Full marks to him for bringing in Loktionov this year, but forward depth was clearly an issue coming into this season and for whatever reasons, things didn't pan out the way that they should have. Matteau shouldn't of had any business playing any games with the big club this year, but here we are.
I agree. This has nothing to do with Matteau, but Lou absolutely needs to re sign Zubrus this year unless he asks for stupid money. I have this bad feeling that he'll let one of Zubrus or Poni walk to bring in some ''Younger players'' to have that spot like he did with not signing Sykora. I'm afraid Matteau will be this younger player, and I'm not sure I see him having Zubrus's role at least at the beginning of next season. Plus it will be good for Stephane to keep Zubrus around in a mentor role.

I think Lou learned his lesson with ''We're going to give younger players a chance'' this year, because clearly there aren't any capable to fill in for someone who leaves next year. Except for Loktionov who's already came in, and done pretty well for himself. Loktionov isn't even really replacing guys who left last year. He's had to replace Zajac as sad as that is.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote