Old
03-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
An MPS Eller shutdown line would be pretty awesome
They would compliment each other nicely for sure. I'm doubting Montreal would trade him, but he's the first player I'd ask for if I'm Tambellini. Although, they've been targeting Tinordi since the 2010 draft (Oil Change S1 E1 with the draft jersey labels and the rumored Penner deal) which is a little worrying. I'd hope they could get more than Tinordi for Ladi. I like that Tinordi is big and very physical but at the same time Fistric is the same kind of player and we have an abundance of LH defenseman. All of this depends on if the rumor is true or not, of course.

I'm making a bold prediction that Smid will be dealt on deadline day. Too many teams are interested in this kind of player.. the value teams will be offering might be too good to pass up. Not to mention, 4.0-4.5M is going to be expensive when J. Schultz, Gagner, Yakupov, and Nugent-Hopkins are going to be in for big contracts. Can we afford a team that has at least 10M committed to 2 defenseman (Smid and J. Schultz) and about 28M to 5 forwards? (Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Yak, Gagner) Don't forget guys like Paajarvi, Klefbom, Dubnyk, 1st round pick this year etc... I'd hate to see him leave but it's going to be tough to keep the core and the borderline core players.

If the offers aren't worth it, sign him and deal with the cap later.