View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 01:04 AM
LiquidSnake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
I have zero interest in bringing back Torres.

But i would be very on board with a Schroeder+2nd type package for Vermette at this point. I've mentioned many times before why i think he'd be pretty darn close to the perfect fit there. Reliable as a #3C, still capable of producing a substantial amount of offense, including being a viable fill-in for Kesler's sojourns to the Injured Reserve, and capable of moving up to 2nd line LW if needed and matching (or outproducing) Booth in that role while being miles better defensively and a better fit in his ability to share the puck with linemates fairly effectively. $3.75M sounds like a lot...but when you consider the versatility, faceoff prowess, and defensive reliability, easily worth it imo.

Unfortunately, Vermette is also a great fit in Phoenix. And it's hard to see them shipping him out at this point.
Ya, the only thing I'm hoping is that they dont want that cap hit for another season because they're broke and realize they wont be getting any playoff revenue this season. I believe MG missed the boat pretty badly on that one last season when he gave up 2-4ths instead of a 2nd, 6th and a dump for him.