View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 02:21 AM
OOEEL

vCash: 500
Well today was the end of the regular season for the CHL, so as promised here are the season totals for all our prospects in juniors:

WHL

Henrik Samuelsson
69 GP 33G 47A 80P +31 91PIM

Kale Kessy
60 GP 21G 22A 43P +8 106PIM

Marek Langhamer
30 GP 15-12-1 3.44GAA .899SV%, 2 shutouts

QMJHL

Justin Haché
68 GP 7G 26A 33P -48 61PIM

James Melindy
67 GP 4G 20A 24P +13 90PIM

Maxime Villemaire
29 GP 13G 11A 24P -8 55PIM

Mathieu Brisebois
64 GP 19G 54A 73P +15 103PIM

OHL

Lucas Lessio
35 GP 19G 15A 34P +11 38PIM

Andrew Fritsch
55 GP 27G 25A 52P +6 10PIM

Connor Murphy
Dead to me, probably broke another five bones in the process of me writing this.

Couple of things to mention:

-Kale Kessy wound up playing for three teams this season, starting out with the Medicine Hat Tigers before being traded to the Vancouver Giants and then once again dealt to Kamloops.

-Marek Langhamer started off the season platooning in net with fellow rookie Dawson MacAuley before Medicine Hat traded for over ager Cam Lanigan who quickly cemented himself as their #1 as MacAuley was sent back down to the SJHL and Marek became the backup.

-Believe it or not, Justin Haché's 33 points were third most on an absolutely atrocious Cape Breton club, which would explain his eye popping plus/minus.

-Villemaire actually started the season off in Gwinnett, where he recorded an assist in 15 games, was a -4 and racked up 43 penalty minutes before being assigned back to Saint John in December.

-Brisebois was obviously our most recent addition, and the undrafted free agent signing from the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies was recently named of the the three finalists for the QMJHL Defenseman of the Year award.

-Lucas Lessio's extremely promising season was cut short when a player's skate sliced tendons in his hand that kept him out for three months. He was considered a lock for Team Canada in the WJCs, but missed them due to the injury. He did finish the season rather memorably though, tallying a hat trick in Oshawa's season finale, a game they won 3-2 in overtime.

-Does Andrew Fritsch's TEN penalty minutes stand out to anyone else or is it just me? I mean seriously, those are Lady Byng-esque numbers. No word recently on the trial involving Fritsch, Nick Cousins, and Nick Petaccio's sexual assault charge, but if anything does come up I'll spread the word.

-And yeah, we all know the story with Murphy's fiftieth major injury, nothing else to say on that.

Last edited by OOEEL: 03-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.