View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 02:22 AM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI View Post
Moulson-JT-Nino (possibly Strome, but he starts at the AHL. Also is Nino ready for 1st line duty?)
Grabner - Fransie - Okposo
Ullstrom - Nelson - Bailey
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald/Joensuu
final forward spot goes to an enforcer let's say Boulton.

Donovan - Hamonic
Macdonald - ?????? (Streit - if he is resigned)
Hickey - Carkner
Strait - Finley or possibly Reinhart

Here is a thought... Reinhart makes the team Finley gets sent down (he still has an option I believe).
* Reinhart turns 20 in January 2014, SO Here is my thinking - Reinhart makes the big league club through december playing those 12 -13 minutes that Carkner and Finley play as a 6... december comes around and the Isles allow him to play in the WJC - he comes back - turns 20 and if Griffin can't hang in the bigs, he can then be sent to Bridgeport to get more minutes for the rest of the season.
Since Nino did so well on lines 2-4, why not promote him to JT's wing? Nino breathes fire, slays Al Queda and makes deaf lepers musicians. He's Biblical IMHO. No where but UP for this dynamo.

Seriously, if we're playing to win, Nino fights to even get 4th line. Strome is AHL bound and nowhere else unless he blows away the PROS in camp and exhibition. Reinhart we don't even send X-mas cards to nevermind let him know where camp is. He's gotta develop more, especially offensively, and that's in juniors. Then he has to show the complete package in the AHL. Then....we have a successfully developed defensive ace or Dehaan redux. I side with the former with Reinhart.

I like Franz in 2nd line center until Nelson can TAKE the slot.

But I want a top level winger brought in via UFA or trade if we wanna stop playing patty cake perennial loser joke franchise games and start mirroring Boston, St.Louis, LA and Philly, who ALL rebuilt and got successful.

And that would imply we talked to top coaches for a job opening.

Unless Nino can do that, too after becoming the Argintinian wonder of the Vatican. (Cardinal Petrov hopefully can come along for the ride under coach Nino

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote