View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 03:25 AM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leizi View Post
Seriously, don't let Perry go. I would much rather lose Ryan instead of Perry, the guy with Hart trophy, Rocket Richard, junior gold, WC gold, Olympic gold, Stanley cup. Pay the man whatever he wants.
Get used to the idea that we will lose Perry now and Ryan 2 years from now at latest.

I think it is pretty much a given Perry wants to hit UFA. I doubt the Ducks have not offered enough at this point to sign him. IMO he has an idea where he wants to go, which means do we want to lose him for nothing?

I say trade him. I don't see the Ducks as a real playoff threat anyway, as Chicago or LA have way better chances of winning in the West than we do and don't forget that in the East we have Pittsburgh or Boston who would both be favourites. I know anything can happen in the playoffs but the Ducks are just too bad in their own D zone to be considered legit contenders. I don't want to make the 2nd round in the playoffs or the 3rd only to lose and then lose Perry for nothing. This sets the franchise back years.