View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
The 2nd round of the 2003 draft (which this one is being compared to) saw the following players drafted: Loui Eriksson, Patrice Bergeron, Matt Carle, Shea Weber, Corey Crawford, Patrick O'Sullivan, David Backes, and Jimmy Howard.

So we're talking about a little better than a 1 in 4 chance of landing a player like that in exchange for 10 games of a marginal player that is not willing to re-sign. That also says nothing about the fact that a second round pick can be used as ammo to improve our roster in other areas.

A lot of this difference of opinion probably stems from our take on how much the players we are talking about moving actually impact the results of the team when compared to the players we would replace them with. I don't think any of the players we are talking about moving are difference makers at the margin. You must.
yup, that's what it generally comes down to. I really don't like clitsome riding shotgun to bogo (regardless of the fact he's playing with buff right now). Noel also pushes clitsome into the ozone, where bogo's pairing is usually the defensive pairing.

if they kept clitsome with buf and played toby with bogo and they did better then they have historically as a pair i'd feel more comfortable but otherwise i'm pretty hesitant.

also, the 2003 draft is arguably the deepest/most succesfull draft in history (definitly in the last 20 years). So your historical best case scenario is 25% success rate. Your more likely to be in the 10-20 range.