View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
My opinion is Burmistrov sitting (again) yesterday is not a reflection or any indication of Burmistrov and whatever he has done to warrant being scratched, it boils down to the team enduring success recently, and not tinkering with what was attaining the team wins.

More about the team, less about the player. Of course we will not know, but my bets and feelings are had the Jets have lost after Burmistrov being out a game, we would have seen him back in. Not because of the player he is or isn't, but because of the team results.

We could have won 5 more games in a row and I would bet or not be surprised if we did not insert Burmistrov back into the line-up. Some coaches, Noel obviously, are a believer in not tinkering with whatever is bringing the team success. He may not roll the same dice each time, but for this time, at this point in the season, that is what he felt, so that is what he did.
They sat a top 6/9 player on a day when when they clearly could have used a fresh one. They are reportedly also seeking top 6/9 help in the trade market according to both Dreger and to Chevy himself as per his interview on 1290 on Friday. Those two factors could arguably be linked, or perhaps not.

They specifically however addressed a team want for size down the middle at both the draft and in free agency (Jokinen). That probably speaks to their views regarding Burmistrov in that position. Yet at wing there are also likely preferable options to rolling out a 175 pound winger in a league comprised mainly of behemoth opposition wingers. Wouldn't surprise me if he is eventually moved elsewhere.