View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:00 AM
BronYrAur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
SO true, and it is moments like those, I question Q’s competence. It is a no-brainer to throw Toews out there to take a key faceoff in the final moment of a game. I have seen at least two occasions this season when Q fails to have 2 centermen on the ice in the same situation as above (and on one of those it was Frolik who ended up taking the key draw). He’s certainly not the most strategic coach in this league and it is these lapses in detail that simply shouldn’t happen at the NHL level.
Toews has taken 1.6 times as many faceoffs as the next guy (Bolland) on the team. I mean, you can only put him out there so much.

If anything, Sharp should be taking the faceoffs on the second line (when healthy) as he is far better than Bolland. Or, Bolland should be constantly cheating on faceoffs because Sharp can step in and is the better option.

As long as Toews is healthy, the team is going to survive at the dot. Though, think how great a puck possession team they would be if they had another competent guy at the dot. They are already the best team in the league in shot differential.