View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:22 AM
dansk55

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=BoxerMax;61878103]Last time I will make a comment on this trade, but at the time it was the right move. If Hottot didn't give up and stop caring, we wouldn't be talking about it. As for evaluating talent, not everybody works out. Did he do a bad job on Sarault or Basso? The 2012 draft could be one of their better drafts in recent memory.
---
As for Hottot, I think Jocko chose to ignore the warning signs in hopes he would come around. He played with intensity and skill when HE wanted to, not when the team needed him. Perhaps he did not respond to JB's style of coaching and shut down.

Do you think Jocko knew what he had when he traded for Charlie? JB had Sarault pegged as a third line checker in training camp so my guess, is, like Kingston, had no idea of Sarault's potential. Just lucked out.
Much to Charlie's credit, thanks to hard work and dedication, Sarault has blossomed into a durable, superior player, and an underrated star in this league.

As for Basso, he gives me fits, like Tony D. Great feet and hands, but makes some bad decisions. When he plays like he did in the Subway Cup, he is a very good player.