View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Good news indeed, glad they didn't wait till and got this done before the Memorial Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Kristo next?
He can't sign for a couple more weeks since his team is still in the playoffs and they are pretty much a lock to make the Frozen Four now. So Nygren could be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
Where does Dietz fit in the plans for the Habs in the Future? He's having a better year then Thrower, and he seems to be a gifted offensive D-man. Can someone tell me more about this prospect!
We'll have to see how he adjusts to the pro game, CHL stats/play can be misleading so we'll just have to wait and see. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at least a bottom pairing D that can do most things well. Just about every time i've seen him play since he was drafted, he impressed. Works hard and can do a lot of things on the ice. His offensive game really developed this year so it's going to be interesting to see how it goes for him in the AHL next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Have you seen him in a game or just on tv or just reading other comments??
I watched him one game in Kamloops this year when Thrower and Siemens were injured and to me he was the best skater on the ice.His skating backwards and transition to forward was like he learned figure skating at a young age! He is alot better than Pulock skating...when I was watching DD I thought of someone the style of Kevin Bieksa for skating ,puckhandling , wrist shot and physical play. I am no scout but was really impressed with him that game..had to play over 30 minutes I think cause of injuries
I've seen him a few times and while his skating needs work imo (as comparing it to other junior players doesn't really help as it's how his skating will effect him at the pro level) but I would like to see him get quicker more then anything. That said I don't think his skating or foot speed are big problems just things he would benefit if he improved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Rumors are the Habs wont sign him. Too much of a trouble maker.
I'm sure this is a "legit" rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
For fun, here's a record of all Timmins' round 5 draft picks:

2003: <no pick>
2004: Mikhail Grabovski
2005: Mathieu Aubin
2006: Pavel Valentenko
2007: Joe Stejskal, Andrew Conboy
2008: Maxim Trunev
2009: Gabriel Dumont
2010: Brendan Gallagher
2011: Darren Dietz
2012: Charles Hudon

He's been on fire for four years now in finding solid prospects!
He sure has found some gems in the 5th round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
Anyone know how Josiah Didier is doing from the same year? How likely is he to develop further?
I'm a big fan of Didier's. He hasn't shown much in the way of offense, but in his own end he's been very good. He's huge and knows how to use his size, good shot blocker/PKer. The Habs will have some time with him since he should spend at least one more year in the NCAA if not 2 and then turn pro. Next year he should see an even bigger role with Denver as he was mainly on the 3rd pairing as his team was one of the highest scoring among blueliners in the NCAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well deserved. Can't wait for the Memorial Cup to see him and Thrower in action
Yes, can't wait to see both in M Cup, last year was great with so many of our prospects in action, but this year i'm sure management will be keeping a close eye on Thrower since they need to make a decision on him before next season starts.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote