View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:53 AM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post

Basically, if you ask me, Visnovsky and Streit are simply too one-dimensional and too similar to both be hanging around. I don't know how successful the team can be in the standings over 82 games if it boasts two Dmen with 10-30-40 and -20 stats.
I disagree. Obviously if you have players on two different pairings at -20 you are screwed, but if you pair Vis and Streit each with a solid stay at home dman you would have a solid top-4 (neither should be on a top pair, but the Isles aren't going to be bringing in two legit top pair dmen this offseason).

If we could go into next year with

Vis-Hamonic
Streit-new dman
AMac-Strait

With Carkner as the #7, I think that would be a very solid defense. Of course, we know it is unlikely that the Isles add a good player, but that doesn't mean you get rid of Streit or Visnovsky.

Most likely, if both re-signed, I think we would be looking at:

Vis-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
AMac-Carkner

With Donovan or De Haan coming up with the first injury. I think this d would be ok (not great, but ok) if we could bring in a coach who would get our forwards to help out on D.

Funny thing about our d this year...the top-6 have not played a single game together. Carkner got hurt before Vis came, and Strait went down a few games after.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote