View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:54 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't think you're going to get that kind of package for him at this point. It's likely to be one valuable piece, plus a cap balancer and maybe a pick. Booth + 1st. Booth, Tanev/Gaunce and a 3rd. Booth and Jensen Something like that if Vancouver even wants to try and make the deal.

The Wings don't have much to give that could contribute right now. I doubt they want to give up Tatar or Nyqvist in a deal.

I don't think the Preds will give you their top-scoring winger in exchange for Gaborik. They're also a team with an internal budget, so they'll want to balance out the salary. Most of their high-priced guys have NMC's or NTC's. Kostitsyn doesn't, but would anyone really expect him to be a target after what he pulled against the Oilers? We might actually see Tortorella murder a player on the bench.
They will get the same thing most other teams have gotten for a player like Gaborik:

Good young NHL player + top-end prospect + Pick + Player to even out the cap.

Kassian + Jensen + 1st/2nd + Raymond/Booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Gaborik was excellent for the majority of his tenure here. What changed? The system surely didn't change, so why is he all of a sudden in this situation? Torts has never liked Gaborik. He's put up with him as long as he was scoring goals because he was our only offensive weapon. Now he has Nash and he no longer has to put up with Gaborik and his flaws. He has a big, hard-hitting version of Gaborik to lean on. He's pushing Gabby out the door with both hands.

Torts wanted Richards. He got him. Torts has plenty of tools to work with. He just refuses to adapt.
Gaborik has looked disinterested in going into the dirty areas at all this season. If I was Torts I would be fed up with that crap too. If he lets Gaborik do it, why can't Miller do it too? This team needs to grow a pair and start grinding it out.